Thank you for visiting our website to learn more about our student transfer policy. We appreciate your interest in Vanoss Public School. We do our best to welcome additional students to our district whenever it is possible.
Vanoss Public Schools makes decisions about student transfers in accordance with district policy and state law. You can download our comprehensive district policy below; however, we are providing the following information for your convenience:
• The State Department of Education requires that the following form be completed to apply for a transfer: Transfer Application. Parents who need access to technology to print or complete the form can visit Vanoss School. Paper copies of the form can be picked up at the front office.
• Decisions about transfers for the 2023 school year will be made by April 15th We will contact parents directly about the approval status of their child’s transfer.
• Mid-year transfer requests will be considered within 3 – 4 days (when possible) of the district receiving the application.
• New transfers are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Students who attended the district on a transfer during the 2021-22 school year will be automatically accepted pending approval from the district. The law also gives preference to children of active-duty military personnel.
• To accept a transfer, enrollment in the grade the parent requests must be under the district-established capacity. The district’s capacity and vacancy numbers for each grade and school can be found below.
• Transfers may be denied based on capacity, attendance and discipline issues.
• Transfers for siblings must be considered separately.
• Transfer students must abide by eligibility requirements established by the Oklahoma Secondary Schools Activities Association (OSSAA) for OSSAA-sanctioned activities.
• Transfer decisions may be appealed in writing by the parent or legal guardian for the Vanoss Board of Education to review.
If you have any questions about the transfer process, please contact Charles Hill for grades 7-12th at (580) 759-2503 ext.145 or Beth Walker for grades Pre-K – 6th at (580) 759-2503 ext. 112.