Continued Learning Packets
Final project Assignment 14 create an abstract art, convey your mood or life During this Pandemic?
4 hour 4 classes
Examples make your own can paper, pencil , paint wat , coffee etc.
Doodle for google
1. Decided a theme
2. Write down ideas
3. Do at least 6 small sketches
4. Make sure the word google is visible (the idea is your working for a company and trying use your knowledge of design to create logo and people do get paid big money for their logos
Assignment 11 3 hours 3 classes
Paper , pencil or pen
Micrography (from Greek, literally small-writing – "Μικρογραφία"), also called microcalligraphy, is a Jewish form of calligrams developed in the 9th century, with parallels in Christianity and Islam, utilizing minute Hebrew letters to form representational, geometric and abstract designs
1. Step find a self ,family, famous portrait and draw a light outline (words should describe the character)
2. Make a forty word list
3. Make the size words base of the orginal shape of the facE
Assingment 4/27/2020 read the material and take and photo and tell which Princples of design are in the photo have at least 4 Princples of design
The eyes have it!
Est. time 4 hour 4 classes lesson deals with line, contrast, texture, shape, emphasis, radial symmetry
Supplies needed paper, pencil and cloth for blending (try not to use your finger which put oil and smudge the image. IMAGE AT LEAST 8 BY 10
Tip:1 hold your pencil at the end using circular pattern (this creates softness which makes hard to detect as a drawing:
TIP 2: Ask yourself questions about the shapes vs. what you have drawn. Take a photo of your drawing and image on the phone switching back and forth to notice the differences.
Art History Quiz
Assignment 6: A night at the museum
Supplies: things in your home (Your CREATIVE Mind) cell phone or camera to take a pic
and send art through text or email with original image of the copied art
If you have the supplies work with what you can…
Art history Wednedsay
Cubism an early 20th-century style and movement in art, especially painting,
in which perspective with a single viewpoint was abandoned and use was made of simple geometric shapes, interlocking planes, and, later, collage.
Futurism (Italian: Futurismo) was an artistic and social movement that originated in Italy in the early 20th century. It emphasised speed, technology, youth, violence, and objects such as the car, the airplane, and the industrial city
Dada was an art movement formed during the First World War in Zurich in negative reaction to the horrors and folly of the war. The art, poetry and performance produced by dada artists is often satirical and nonsensical in nature.
Associated artists: Kurt Schwitters; Marcel Duchamb
Surrealism -a 20th-century avant-garde movement in art and literature which sought to release the creative potential of the unconscious mind, for example by the irrational juxtaposition of images (think dream like)
Abstract Expressions a development of abstract art that originated in New York in the 1940s and 1950s and aimed at subjective emotional expression with particular emphasis on the creative spontaneous act (e.g., action painting). Leading figures were Jackson Pollock and Willem de Kooning.( So in other works they were painting their feelings with no real specific image but for their viewer) Abstract is always based off something just a distorted version of the subject.
Color Field Painting was pioneered in the search for a style of abstraction that explored modern ideas and yet expressed a yearning for the infinite.
Fun fact: May not look like much Rothko has sold his painting for over 50million dollars
Marilyn Monroe by And Warhol SIlkscreen
Pop art is an art movement that emerged in the 1950s and flourished in the 1960s in America and Britain, drawing inspiration from sources in popular and commercial culture. Different cultures and countries contributed to the movement during the 1960s and 70s. Roy Lichtenstein. Whaam
Silkscreen process. a printmaking technique in which a mesh cloth is stretched over a heavy wooden frame and the design, painted on the screen by tusche or affixed by stencil, is printed by having a squeegee force color through the pores of the material in areas not blocked out by a glue sizing
Minimalism. Minimalism or minimalist art can be seen as extending the abstract idea that art should have its own reality and not be an imitation of some other thing. ... Minimalist painter Frank Stella famously said about his paintings 'What you see is what you see'
Assignment 3 part 4 .
1. Look at your drawing, compare and contrast . Remember what Michangelo said “ You paint with your mind not hands*
2. When you feel it’s almost complete take a photo compare and contrast. That is how you will know. The area where you need more dots will pop out!
1. Continue looking back and forth at your drawing . Ask yourself about the closeness of dots in areas. Work in one area before moving on to the next
2.. If you mess up don’t worry just go with it. If you mess up and it really affects the the drawing you can use whiteout let dry and dot over.
3. Today, aim to finish the face and the body of the tiger before finishing the background. It may take longer for some students.
part 2 Thursday
1.Focus working in on are like me the eyes
2. Stop and look . Does some the dots seem just a little closer ( the right side of the nose example)
3. But a paper under your drawing not to smudge the the ink while on other parts of the image
4. Work for an hour of inking to stay on task
Lesson 3 Wednesday
1. Make 4 reference marks
2. Start drawing an outline image
3.Look over image to make sure drawing aligns with eye nose proportions help: ( take photo with phone and drawing to see the differences)
4. Start inking ( make sure to dap not swipe the pen
lesson 2 CL Tuesday Painting Tigers with Coffee https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yngChEGfy6I
Week one assignment Monday :1
(Click link )below for instructions
Photo reference (BELOW)
Example 2 out drawing with nature and ink
PHOTO REFERENCE (BELOW)
ART OF FUN
Fun Facts: It took leonardo Da Vinci 12 years to finish Mona Lisa lips.